Monday, March 16, 2009

Montessori Three-Part Cards

I was so happy to receive a comment from French Montessori home schooling mama, Cissou. She was nice enough to share a wonderful idea for storing and displaying Montessori three-part cards.

First she folds little folders out of colored paper or card stock


Next, She laminates the folder and cuts little slits in which to place the cards and labels in



Voila! C'est magnifique, non?




Here is the finished product ready to be chosen off the shelf:


I was really inspired by Cissou's idea and by reading this post over at Montessori for Everyone and created the folder below for my Phases of the Moon materials:


I created my folder by using an inexpensive colored folder and then attaching stick on "library pockets" in two different sizes. I found my "library pockets" at the local teaching supply store. If you don't have one, you can always check online. I would include a link to an online source, but Blogger is behaving strangely and won't let me highlight text to add a link right now. My label maker ran out of label tape, so I wasn't able to label the top two pockets and front of the folder, but I plan to. I am really excited to have some great ideas on how to store and display my printed materials. I believe organization is very important in a Montessori classroom so that you are able to find your materials easily for rotation. You also want to set a good example for the children and not have their materials strewn all over the place! It will help them develop a respect for the materials and work. My 6 year old was really excited to see the folder above and
can't wait to get started working on them!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to Follow my Blog!

11 comments:

  1. Perfect and so simple! Want to all of a sudden make many many for my 3 part cards. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigosh, this is fantastic! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I need a way to store our 3 part cards, and this will be perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this. Now I have a home for all my 3 part cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you so much for sharing this. I'm getting ready to do 3-way cards with my daughter for the first time. I'm very happy to have found this fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this !
    It is a fantastic storage idea - can't wait to go and make some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this idea...was searching everywhere for ideas on how to make something like this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. check out lysadesigns.blogspot.com for more 3 part card storage ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!